What's On* directed by Alan Ayckbourn
17 - 21 January
Snake In The Grass (amateur)
19 - 28 January
Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford
24 - 28 January
Lawrence Batley Theatre, Huddersfield
6 - 11 February
Royal & Derngate, Northampton
7 - 11 February
Bedroom Farce (amateur)
Theatro Technis, Camden
13 - 18 February
Theatre Royal, Windsor
21 - 25 February
New Wimbledon Studio Theatre, Wimbledon
22 - 25 February
Cambridge Arts Theatre
22 - 26 February
The Boy Who Fell Into A Book (amateur)
Forum Studio Theatre, Chester
26 February - 4 March
Time & Time Again (amateur)
The Little Theatre, Leicester
3 - 4 March
Woman In Mind (amateur)
Brentwood Theatre, Brentwood
10 - 13 May
Bedroom Farce (amateur)
Netherton Arts Centre, Netherton, Dudley
11 - 13 May
Neighbourhood Watch (amateur)
Moot House, Harlow
Eighty Plays On: A Talk With Alan Ayckbourn
British Library, London
(Public tickets available from March)
22 - 27 May
Sisterly Feelings (amateur)
Bingley Little Theatre, Bingley
25 May - 1 July
House & Garden
Watermill Theatre, Bagnor, Newbury
15 June - 12 October (in repertory)
Absurd Person Singular
Pitlochry Festival Theatre
10 - 17 September
Inner Circle event
Stephen Joseph Theatre, Scarborough
* Directed by Alan Ayckbourn
Please note: The website does not receive automatic notification of Ayckbourn productions. We can only list productions we are made aware of - if your production isn't listed, you haven't contacted us at email@example.com about it. Click here for the What's On / Listings policy.
- Alan Ayckbourn's home theatre has announced a special eight day event from 10 - 17 September 2017. The Inner Circle at the Stephen Joseph Theatre, Scarborough, will begin and end with special gala events with the playwright celebrating his 60th anniversary with the company. There'll also be a chance to see three plays including both Alan Ayckbourn's 2017 productions as well as exclusive workshops, talks and behind the scenes events. Places are strictly limited and further details can be found here.
- The website is marking the 60th anniversary of Alan Ayckbourn joining the Stephen Joseph Theatre (then the Library Theatre) with a weekly, year-by-year feature on the Ayckbourn Blog.
- Alan Ayckbourn will be giving a talk entitled Eighty Plays On at the British Library on 22 May at 7pm. Tickets are available now to members of the Royal Society Of Literature with public tickets going on sale in March from the British Library.
- Unseen Ayckbourn: Illustrated Edition by Simon Murgatroyd is now available - revised and updated for 2017 - and featuring illustrations from the Ayckbourn Archive. Click here.
- Alan Ayckbourn's revival of Henceforward… begins a UK tour at the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, from 19 - 28 January (click here). It will also be visiting the Royal & Derngate, Northampton (6 - 11 February), Theatre Royal Windsor (13 - 18 February) and Cambridge Arts Theatre (22 - 25 February).
- A new section has been added to Plays looking at works Alan Ayckbourn has been contributed to, click here to find out more.
- You can now support the website by sponsoring a play, visit this page for more details.
- Alan Ayckbourn’s Official Website is delighted to announce its patronage of Dick & Lottie theatre company. Click here for details.
- The Articles section of the website has been launched which features more than 200 articles by or about Alan Ayckbourn as well as interviews with the playwright.
- Visit our sister-sites Scarborough In The Round - celebrating the history of the Stephen Joseph Theatre in Scarborough and Stephen Joseph - a website dedicated to Alan Ayckbourn's greatest influence.